Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Celebration for the "Life of Riley"








As we come home today without Riley, we are sad, but have comfort in the fact that she is perfect now in heaven. This truly is the only reason that our family can feel peace and joy at this time. Please pray for our other children that they too will find a peace and understanding with Riley's passing. God's plan for Riley's life was bigger than we ever imagined.

As Eric and I sit here tonight we can't believe what an amazing experience this whole process has been. We have never felt such strength and support. At U of M Riley had the privilege of the best care possible. The people we met, including the doctors, nurses, technicians, social workers, and the families that also had patients in the cardio thoracic unit have changed our lives forever. Each and every person that met us, and got to know Riley, could not believe how blessed we are with our extended family and friends.

Thank you to everyone who has commented on our blog. We look forward to your thoughts and prayers that are posted each and every day! In celebration of the "Life of Riley" please join us on Monday, April 12th at St. Thomas Aquinas Church. Visitation will be from 10:00-12:00 and the Mass will begin at 12:00p.m. Lunch will be following at Eagle Eye Golf Course for anyone who wishes to attend! The people at St. Thomas Aquinas church are our family and friends and we are so thankful to be a part of the school and church community!



In HIS grip!

14 comments:

  1. thank you for being strong enough to share Riley's entire journey here. As a parent my heart aches for your loss. Yet I am so grateful for her life and for the courage and faith you have had through all of this. I believe the magnitude of Riley's purpose here has even yet to be discovered- although so many have already begun to catch a glimpse. She has touched so many and has brought so many closer to God through you as parents. Your children will someday understand too- and that is because you have always taught them the true meaning of God's love and purpose in our lives- you are living examples of Christianity and so they will be too.
    As your sister and friend, my heart aches along with yours. Your faith inspires me and encourages me and my family when we are going through tough times. We love you all so much and are always here for you when you need us.

    love and prayers to you!

    kelly, jerud, evan and emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is heavy and rejoicing.
    Perhaps Rilely's time with us seemed to brief.
    Don't lengthen it with undue grief.
    Lift up your hearts and share with me,
    God wanted me now, He set me free.
    Rest In Peace Precious Riley.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don and Linda BeesleyApril 9, 2010 at 6:44 AM

    Don and I are so saddened by your loss. Riley was so lucky to have so much love surrounding her. We, as grandparents understand the love and the grief when something goes wrong with our grandbabies. We love you and are praying for you. Don and Linda Beesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny & Eric

    I am sorry for your loss. Your strong faith and love of family are a beautiful gift that you have shared with those who know and love you. Your unwavering love for Riley was a gift from God from the moment of conception until she was called back to God. May you find comfort in knowing that God has and will continue to bless and love you unconditionally. My prayers are with you today and in the days to come.

    With Love,
    Kim’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry.
    I wish I could be there to give you a hug.
    God bless you and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is offering to all of us a powerful witness, an upwelling of faith amidst the worst grief that any parent ever faces.

    We cannot dull the pain that is yours, nor can we truly bear the burden that has come upon you. What we can do is share the journey, letting our tears commingle with yours, letting our prayers float aloft with yours.

    Riley is surely your forward scout, sneaking into heaven before you, preparing the way for you. May her spirit infuse your entire household and remain with all of you throughout the days and years to come. May you go on hearing her little voice in your mind and in your heart forever and ever. She will be calling you to be your authentic selves, and one day she will be calling you home.

    St. Therese of Lisieux, who died at 24, told those who tried to comfort her in her severe illness, "All is grace." I am sure that blessed Riley would want us to see things in the same light. And I commit myself to trying to do that, for Riley's sake, and for the sake of your family.

    May all comforts finally find you; may every good blessing sustain you; may you be surrounded at every turn by those who wish you well; may you grow closer to one another as you journey through grief and renewal together; may you radiate always the earhtly light that was Riley's; and may Our Lady of the Sorrows be with you always.

    Suaimhneas síoraí tabhair dí, a Thiarna, agus go lonraí solas suthain uirthi. Tabhair maithiúnas dár ndeirfiúr agus tabhair ionad sosa faoi shíocháin di.

    --Rod

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your family are in my constant thought. Your faith inspires me. Every word you write is pure LOVE. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today and always. God Bless all of you.

    Hugs and Kisses
    Kimmy and Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are truly sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God bless and comfort you during this difficult time.

    Nick and Sharon Jason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jenny, Eric and family
    Bill and I just returned from being gone this week and I just read your blog. I feel like I knew Riley through your postings. Many grew to love her and she will be so missed. Riley taught us all alot about what it truly means to put our faith in God. Only He knows what's best. Our prayers are with you and your family, Nancy and Bill McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eric and Jenny, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands." Isaiah 49:16

    Love, Punky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eric and Jenny,
    I am so sorry for the loss of little Riley. I wish I could have met her, as I have met the rest of your children, and they are all so wonderful, loving and well loved. Even though I want to, I won't be able to be there on Monday. But please know, my heart and prayers are with you all. I know it is a very tough time for the entire Reid/Rule family, but I know, from being blessed to be a part of the family for awhile, that you will all stand tall in the face of this, and will feel blessed to have had Riley as a member of your family for even the brief time she was there. She will always be in your hearts, and she will always be in everyone's heart that you love, and who loves and cares for you. God Bless you all, and please know that if I can be of any help in any way, I am here for you.
    Love, Sandy Allison (Heather's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny and Eric,
    Through Rod's email to the school community we have just learned of your heartbreak at the loss of baby Riley. We're traveling overseas and unfortunately can't be there with you tomorrow in person, but we'll be there in spirit and in prayer. God is truly working in your lives in powerful ways... we know He will sustain you with the love of family and friends. Your faith is an inspiration... Riley was blessed to have such strong and loving parents!
    Love and prayers,
    Marybeth and Jim Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Jesus commended himself into his Father’s hands at the cross, so the Church is in the hands of Jesus.
    He is with us, and He holds us; we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just read your beautiful blog and tribute to your angel, Riley Faith. Your unwavering faith is inspiring. I'm glad that you have that to help you through this time. I'm also glad you have your family and your friends and surround you and support you and carry you through this. I'm glad that you have each other and your beautiful children.

    This blog will be a great rememberance of Riley Faith and I know you will be glad to have it to look back on. I will certainly keep all of you in my prayers during this time and going forward.

    ReplyDelete