This story was written for Riley by someone who wants to remain anonymous, but we love very much!
One day God said to Jesus, "I'm concerned about the hearts of the people. I don't see enough love. Their hearts are cold. We need to send them someone to touch their hearts and rekindle their love for one another." Jesus said "I know just the right person. Let's send Riley!" the Holy Spirit said. "I know the perfect parents; Eric and Jenny Rule."
Then God said, "I will make her with an imperfect heart. With man's modern technology they will see that Riley has a heart problem before she is born and plans will be made to have her born at the very best hospital and get the best of care."
The Holy Spirit said, "I will influence Jenny to write a blog and they will be faithful witnesses to us for all the world so see."
Then God called for Riley's heart to be healed of the original diagnosis and many were amazed at the miracle. But God did not call for total healingfor Riley's little body. Jesus said, "Won't this confuse them?" God answered, "The Holy Spirit will remind them of what was said in Isaiah 55:8-9":
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways not my ways," declares the Lord. "As the
heavens are higher than the Earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your
thoughts."
On the 28th day of Riley's stay in the hospital God asked Jesus: "How many prayers have been sent up for Riley?" Jesus replied, "Tens of thousands! The angels are working overtime to copy them down." God said, "I have felt the hearts changing. The people are more loving. I have seen damaged relationships healed and faith has been increased. I caused the first miracle by healing Riley's physical heart and now Riley has caused the second miracle by healing THEIR spiritual hearts."
Then God told Jesus Riley's assignment had been completed and to bring her home to us quickly. So on that day Riley passed to Heaven and was met by Jesus and told "Well Done!" Jesus told Riley that she accomplished more for eternity in 28 days than many do in a lifetime.
Jesus then asked the Holy Spirit to remind us all of those who loved and missed Riley of Romans 8:28:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that Love God, to them who are called
according to his purpose."
God has given us all an eternal assignment. Riley has completed hers. What is yours?
-Anonymous
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Perfect. Tell Anonymous that some have a gift to correlate.
ReplyDeleteI will consider my assignment daily. I do and will feel every moment and be sure to experience the now. I do not want to look back and wonder where I was during the best, most feeling, true parts of my life. Riley reminds me to cry when I am sad and rejoice in the small moments. There is happiness and beauty in every day, I want to make sure I see it. Even if it is sparked by sadness.
Thank you.
Kathryn
What a great story.... Gave me goosebumps. It really makes you stop and think. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Hugs and Kisses xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteLove Kimmy
Riley was on my heart today and so I wanted to visit this blog - not that I need a reminder of her purpose... but just to remember the magnitude of that purpose. The last few days have been the most beautiful of the summer thus far- gifts from God as far as I am concerned. Reading this letter helped me to understand just how many people Riley was a gift to from God as well. And while we miss her, no one more than her mom, the blue skies and flowers remind me that God's glory comes in many forms. Some are obvious, some we do not fully understand. But I can relate to the words of the letter, and I know I have been one of the hundreds or thousands personally touched by the gift of Riley... and by the gift of her parents who have had the strength and courage to follow through on God's plan to share this gift with everyone they know. It's all pretty amazing. Her assignment was a big one... but I am so confident that she fullfilled every single part of it. And, for me, her timing was perfect. So, I thank God for her, I thank jenny and eric for their strong faith, and I promise to live with purpose and to listen carefully to the assignments God has for me.
ReplyDeletelove to you all!
-kelly