Thursday, April 1, 2010

Holy Thursday

Riley had a pretty rough night. Her pulmonary pressures doubled and she was in major distress. The nurse increased her oxygen to 100% on her ventilator and increased her nitric oxide. Slowly throughout the night she was very agitated, and we are unsure as to why. Her sedation was increased and she was also placed on a paralytic. It wasn't until early morning that she finally settled down and became stable. Because Riley is not progressing, the doctors want to pursue why and perform a lung biopsy tomorrow. By looking closely at the lung tissue, the doctors can determine their next plan of action. We are hoping and praying that she does not have any findings of lung disease. The results will not be complete until late Monday or Tuesday.

As we sit with Riley in this Holy Thursday we remember how God did not forsake his son as he died on the cross. We know God's promise that he will never forsake us! As Jesus suffered on the cross I can not imagine the pain and sadness this brought to the Father. As we watch Riley we are so sad for her suffering and are comforted in the fact that God will never leave her, or us! This Easter Season has an even deeper meaning for us this year and we are so thankful that God sent his son for us, John 3:16.

Please pray for God to heal Riley!

In HIS grip!

9 comments:

  1. I have put Riley on our prayer chain at church Jen! We love you guys.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying, Praying, Praying...... Thinking of all of you and praying for Riley's recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you, the doctors and the nurses.....God Bless.
    Love you Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny and Eric just wanted you to know that I put Riley on our prayer chain at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Lake Orion. The Priest will ask everyone to pray for her for the next six weeks at every mass. God is amazed I'm sure at how many people are praying for Riley's recovery.
    God Bless.... Love Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish you didn't have to endure this sadness. We prayed before school today for Riley's healing, as we do each day. My Bible study group is also praying for her. We will pray the lung biopsy will be clear, and that the doctors will know how to treat her. Keep hanging in there!
    Love, Jodi, Tim, Alli and Ted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny and Eric,
    I am praying for you both and for baby Riley. You must stay strong for Riley and for all of your family. Riley is in God's hands and his breath will keep her warm. We pray for her healing. Love Kim's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I Said a Prayer For You Today"

    I said a prayer for you Today
    I know God must have heard
    I felt the answer in my heart
    Although He spoke no word.
    I didn't ask for wealth or fame
    I knew you wouldn't mind
    I asked Him to send you treasures
    of a far more lasting kind.
    I asked that He'd be near you
    At the start of each new day
    To grant you health and blessings
    And friends to share your way.
    I asked for happiness for you
    In all things great and SMALL
    But it was for His loving care
    That I prayed for most of all.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny and Eric.....thinking of you and hoping for an update. We hope the weekend held some encouraging news for all of you. We'll continue the prayers. Beth and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for strength for Riley, Jen & Eric and knowledge for doctors and nurses that care for Riley. Glory to God
    Tom & Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny and Eric, you are being so strong and faithful to Him. God knows every tear you're crying and all of Riley's pain, too. I'm so sad to hear of Riley's struggles. I pray that the lung biopsy results are clear and the doctors know exactly what to do to heal her. This has been tough on all of you, but think of how much closer you've become with God because of Riley. She is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete